Public speaker, consultant, and author Liz O’Donnell is an inspiration to women around the world. She is the General Manager at Double Forte, a marketing firm that specializes in connecting companies to customers through digital, marketing, public relations, and content strategies. She is the founder and author of an award-winning blog, “Hello Ladies,” which was named one of the top 100 websites for women by Forbes, earned the Best of the Net Award by Working Mother Magazine, and the Voice of the Year Award by BlogHer. Her work has empowered and inspired millions of women around the world to learn how to balance life and work.
Here’s just a few of the things that we discussed on this episode…
- The thing that will get you more reach than being on TV or magazines.
- Why you need to stop trying to quantify branding efforts.
- Where to blog that gets more traction than Huffington Post.
- The “Trend Jacking” technique to get yourself featured in traditional media.
- A step to increase your potential to get featured in traditional media.
- The types of posts that work on pretty much all media.
- The formulas that works for places like Huffington post.
- The content marketing definition and how to do it correctly.
- How Liz created an award-winning mommy blog.
- The strategy and consistent game plan for a new blog.
- The differences between men and women in the workplace and at home.
- Why negotiation is important at work and at home.
- How to maintain a work life / home life balance.
- The random path that led to Liz’s traditionally published book.
- What should be in a proposal to get a book published traditionally.
- The schedule and process that Liz used to write her book.
- The downfalls of being traditionally published.
- Liz O’Donnell’s Website
- Mogul, Mom, & Maid: The Balancing Act of the Modern Woman
- Lonesome Dove
- Millennials & Management: The Essential Guide to Making It Work at Work
- Authority Insider Community
- Video on the YouTubes
Listen to this podcast episode and tell us your favorite quote from the episode and win a $10 Amazon gift card. Simply type your favorite quote from this episode into the comments section below. If we choose your quote and share it on our Instagram page here, we will shoot you a gift card for $10 bucks to be used on Amazon.com. Since this contest is so new, and there are not a lot of comments yet, your chances of winning are huge!
Links on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase anything after clicking through on any links, you can assume that I am probably being compensated. However it does not effective the price that you pay for the product.