This is a flashback episode… A few years ago, I interview Pat Flynn about the growth and success of his blog. I actually interviewed him for a paid course that I was releasing. The course never really panned out and this interview never really saw the light of day, outside of a few private communities that I’d opened up.
Fast forward to today and Pat is making probably 3x what he was making back then, he’s traveling the world and speaking, he’s a published author, and his success has grown to a whole new level.
Eventually I’d love to get him back on for a followup episode about everything that’s happened since then. For now, enjoy this episode where he describes the keys to his blog’s success.
Here’s just a few of the things that we discussed:
- The secret to introducing advertising on your website
- How a “Mastermind” group can change everything about your business
- Sure-fire ways to monetize your audience
- What type of content do you need to rank on Google?
- Why “forums” are an untapped goldmine for your marketing strategy
- Why general brands do not have the same power as a personal brand
- How Pat ranked #1 for a highly searched keyword in 73 days
- What is the blogging “honeymoon” period?
- What happens when you enter a niche that you’re not passionate about?
- The pros and cons of letting everyone know your strategies
- The great secret to managing your work schedule
- How to ask for community feedback
- A genius way to get a “Round-up Post” shared hundreds of times
- Some killer strategies to get opt-ins
- A list of Pat’s favorite WordPress plugins
- Plus so much more!